Decentralized ID (or DID) is a software schema and a Foundation geared towards protecting your ID on the Blockchain. DID puts your ID in your control by Decentralizing it. As of its launch in September 2017,
- ICO Time:
- 04.01.2018 - 14.02.2018
- Sheikh Abdullah Naveed
- - CEO & CTO
- Sebastien Denis
- - PROJECT MANAGER & FINTECH MARKETS EXPERT
- Audrey Friel
- - Liaison Manager
- Dolciebella Eliott
- - Blockchain Technology Enabler
- Kaitlin Argeaux
- - Relationships Manager
- Blossom Maqbool
- - Development Team
- Geoffrey Emerson
- - COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER & PRIVACY THOUGHT LEADER
- David Drake
- - Chairman LDJ Capital
- Kevin Monserrat
- - Microsoft, Head of investments Microsoft London
- Joe Rubin
- - ARC Angels Fund
- Kieth Kaplan
- - Tesla foundation - founder CyberSecurity, Robotics & AI
- Willian Bill Davis III
- - Former Chief Cybersecurity Officer Daopay, Global Payments (New York)
Put your ID in your control by Decentralizing it
DID is a software schema and a Foundation geared towards protecting your ID on the Blockchain. DID puts your ID in your control by Decentralizing it. As of its launch in September 2017, DID comes with a working software schema based on mobile wallets and the Ethereum Network to show how ID verification can be performed on a Blockchain. DID also provides a draft proposal for how to achieve this and recommends starting a foundation to oversee how ID is being used/transferred in a Crypto-world. The project is working closely with a Government department to conduct a pilot study of putting National ID cards on the Blockchain.
The DID Foundation.
After a successful ICO in Q1 2018, Torquesol UK Ltd will form a Foundation, in accordance with Charities & Trustee Investment acts under the UK laws, putting in a budget as provided by the ICO participants. The Foundation has 3 objectives:
- Protecting your ID: The #1 objective of the foundation is to protect and put you in control of your ID on the Blockchain. At its heart, the foundation exists to decentralize your Identification to protect YOUR interests.
- Providing Trust: The foundation will form a trust platform where publishers and subscribers gather together to transfer ID over the Blockchain securely and with full trust of both parties.
- Crypto-positive: We believe that crypto technology is a new parallel Internet being formed today. We want to be the reason and the first step that people take towards a crypto-future.
The DID foundation will re-imagine and re-engineer subscribers' trust in authenticity over a decentralized network. Before you provide your ID or data to an organization, you can now check over a decentralized network if the requested transaction comes from a verified source. These smart contracts will prove as an irrefutable certificate of Authenticity belonging to an entity wishing to participate in ID verification or issuance. Just like the SSL Certificates of today, these BOCA certificates will come with detailed information about the assigned party as well as expiration and other attributes attached to it. Users will be able to safely and securely verify the originating source of an ID request.